Medical Provider Info--Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
Pertussis is a bacterial respiratory illness characterized by severe spasms of coughing that can last for several weeks or even for months. Pertussis is usually spread from person to person when a person coughs or sneezes. For more information on this illness, click here.
- ACIP Urges Pertussis Vaccination for Health Workers
- CDC Recommendations on Using PCR for Diagnosing Pertussis
- State All Facilities Letter on Pertussis
- CDPH Broadens Recommendations for Vaccinating Against Pertussis
- Guidance for Clinicians Providing Care for Infants with Pertussis--From the American Academy of Pediatrics
- CDPH Webinar on Physician's Role in Preventing Pertussis. Held on 09/02/10.
Please click on the Provider Readeness Checklist below.